It is no longer a secret that Apple’s iPad holds more than 80% of the US tablet market and iPad 3 will only get to increase this market share. Apple iPad users have gone crazy to get the iPad 2 and are eagerly waiting for the new iPad 3 to be released. It is not known yet when that date will be but till then we can only listen to rumors and search for more information related to the features of the new Apple device to come.
According to DigiTimes, the Apple iPad 3 should be released somewhere in 2012, rumor that only made Apple folowers more anxious and curious about this device. Other sources predicted that iPad 3 release date will be somewhere in September. Anyhow, Apple has started to certify the process of components for iPad 3 and an Apple employee has stated that: “They’ve had a number of problems along the way, and the third-generation iPad is the one to make a song and dance about” which only makes people be even more anxious about this release.
John Gruger, an Apple watcher, reinforces the statement related to a possible release in September and he also adds that: “Summer feels like a long time away. If my theory is right, they’re not only going to be months behind the iPad 2, but if they slip until late summer, they might bump up against the release of the iPad 3. And they didn’t only announce this with a distant ship date; they did it with no word on pricing.”
On other hand Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO, says that 2011 is the year of iPad 2 and this can only lead to the conclusion that 2012 will be the year of iPad 3.
In what the features are concerned, people expect to get the following specs once with iPad 3:
- Wireless synchronize: Apple iPad users are expecting this new device to offer wireless sync of content (and not the traditional wired connectivity).
- Camera Flash: People have been expected iPad 2 to have a camera with flash. Since they didn’t get this feature in iPad 2, they expect it to come with iPad 3.
- Retina Display: Since iPad 2 came with no new display features as people have expected to or would have wanted to, it is now thought and expected that iPad 3 will feature a retina display. There are rumors saying that iPad 3 may even offer a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels.
- Thunderbolt: The device is expected to come with a thunderbolt port that will offer data, power and video connectivity using the same connector at lightning speed.
- SD card slot: iPad users expect iPad 3 to come with a SD card slot.
- Improved HDMI: The third generation iPad is expected to feature an HDMI port that won’t need any additional requirement of an HDMI cable as it happened in the case of the iPad 2 which supports HDMI playback but needs an Apple digital AV Adapter.
This being said, we can only wait for more rumors to come and hopefully, we will get the correct iPad 3 release date.