I bet you have some videos you would like to edit and thus remove the parts less interesting and keep only those that got your attention. Well, if you don’t use advanced tools like Adobe Movie Maker or Sony Vegas, then you can go for a free tool named Windows Movie Maker. It’s nothing like the tools mentioned earlier but it surely deserves some attention since it’s free and will provide you with the possibility to do some basic movie editing.
This Movie Maker enables you to create videos using photos and aside from doing this, it can also be used as a movie cutter. Maybe you want to share a certain fragment from a video you’ve just recorded or maybe you just want to have a separate video file of the most important part of your graduation speech. Here’s where Movie Maker comes in handy.
Make sure you install the video codecs that are needed before getting started. Once you’ve finished installing them, you can start by following the steps below:
1. The first thing to do is to launch the Movie Maker.
2. In order to add the video file you want to edit, click the “Click here to browse for videos and photos” option. The video can also be added by dragging and dropping it.
3. After the video file to be cut is added, Movie Maker will analyze it and then display its frame.
4. You will now have to go to that frame of your video that you want to choose as starting point. The preview player or the video timeline can be used here.
5. Once you’ve made up your mind regarding the frame to be used as the starting point, you will have to right click on it and then select the Set Start Point option. Below this option, there’s the Set End Point option. Use it when you’ve chosen the frame of the video you want to set as end point.
6. Preview the new video and see whether you’ve cut it the way you wanted. Go to the main menu and use the Save Movie option to save your video.
You will now be able to share it with your friends and you can even upload it on YouTube.