Many computer users had moments when they wanted to restore a single file from the past but din’t manage to do it. Well, with System Restore Explorer, you can mount a System Restore Point and do that. The steps that must be followed are quite simple and take almost no time.
Therefore, if you use Windows Vista, 7 or XP, then you might want to read on since this article will provide you with the steps to be followed in order to mount a System Restore point to restore a single file:
1. You will have to start by going to the website of System Restore Explorer’s developer and download the program. The download and installation shouldn’t take too much time.
2. Once you’ve finished with the first step, you will have to launch the program and you should see a list of the system restore points that are available.
3. Now hit the Mount button after you’ve selected the restore point you wat to mount from the list mentioned above.
4. You will now see a new explorer window that will give you the possibility to browse through the drive.
5. The next thing to do is to navigate to the location of the file you want to restore and choose the location to which you want to copy it. Make sure this is out of the mounted directory.
6. Once you’ve done that, you’ll have to go back and unmount the restore point you’ve previously mounted. That’s all!