Most of the time a web browsing session ends up with unwanted toolbar add-ons. It gets more than frustrating to be inundated with all kinds of requests to install different toolbars or software that promise to improve your surfing. You’re also required to sign up for different services but once you do that, you find yourself with malicious toolbars that come with no real purpose but to provide you with ads for the sites they are associated with.
They not only get annoying but they can compromise your PC and degrade your web browsing. Therefore, if you’re an Internet Explorer user and you would like to get rid of the toolbars you got stuck with, then here’s a guide to help you do that:
1. The first thing to do is to launch Internet Explorer and go to Tools. Once you’re here, just click on “Manage-Add-ons”. Press the “Alt” key to get to this menu if you’re a Windows Vista/7 user.
2. By following the instructions mentioned in step 1, you will get to the Manage Add-ons window. You’ll see that under “Add-On” types, there’s the “Toolbars and Highlights” option that you will have to select.
3. Now highlight “All add-ons ” that’s under the “Show” drop-down menu.
4. The next thing to do is to hit “Disable” after you’ve selected the toolbar to be removed.
5. You should now see a warning telling you that all the add-ons and services related will be disabled, too. Make sure you don’t uncheck those items, hit OK and then click on Close in order to dismiss the add-ons window.
You should no longer see that toolbar in Internet Explorer. Moreover, certain toolbars can be completely removed from your PC just like any other program. Check the instructions below to see how you can do that:
1. From the Start menu, go to Windows Control Panel and click on “Programs and Features”.
2. Find the toolbar to be eliminated in the uninstall window. Highlight it when you find it and then hit Uninstall.
3. You will see other instructions that will help you remove the toolbar completely. Make sure you follow them and there you go! Your computer should now be free of all those unwanted toolbars.