As most computer infections, Security Sphere 2012 will try to brainwash you into believing that you have some serious computer issues. Well, this is what rogue anti-spyware programs are supposed to do. The clever trick is not to let yourself fooled by it. And of course, don’t purchase it. Here’s a guide to help you remove Security Sphere 2012.
This computer infection will hijack your PC and thus you won’t be able to run most of your applications. It will pretend to be a security program by displaying fake alerts and warnings telling you that your machine is infected. Ignore all of these alerts as they are meant to be displayed regardless of how clean your computer is. Make sure you do not buy the program as it will tell you to because you will lose your money as well besides getting your PC infected. In case you’ve already purchased it, then contact your credit card company and tell them that is a computer virus and scam.
Security Sphere 2012 is installed through hacked websites and fake online scanners. Once installed, the malicious program will start automatically. The infection will also stop the web browser from displaying the web pages you want to visit. You will see instead fake messages telling you that the page you want to get to is infected. If you’ve infected your PC with Security Sphere 2012, then here’s what you have to do in order to get rid of it.
1. First things first: use another computer to read these instructions or print them out. You need to do this because you will have to close all windows and running programs at a certain moment later in the virus removal process. Another computer is useful too, because you will have to donwload different tools to remove Security Sphere 2012 and your computer might not be able to do that. Therefore, dowwnload the necessary programs and transfer them your your infected PC using a CD/DVD, USB flash drive or external drive.
2. Reboot in Safe Mode With Networking by turning your machine off and then on. Press the F8 key when you see something on the screen and you will thus get to the Safe Mode With Networking option. Once you’ve selected it, hit Enter. Don’t change the user from the normal Windows mode when you login into this mode.
3. If you cannot access the webpages you want to go to but you are presented with messages telling you that those webpages are infected, then it means that Security Sphere 2012 has used a Proxy Server. To solve this issue, launch Internet Explorer and then go to Tools>Internet Options.
4. Now hit the Connections tab and then go to the LAN settings button.
Once you get there, check the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” box and click on OK.
5. The next step is to run TDSSKiller as Security Sphere 2012 is said to come up with TDSS rootkit infection. After you run this program, TDSS might ask you to reboot. If it does so, let it to do this and then reboot back in Safe Mode With Networking as explained in step 2.
6. Now donwload Rkill in order to terminate all the processes related to Security Sphere 2012. Save it to your desktop and run it by double-clicking on iExplore.exe. While Rkill is looking for infected files to terminate them, you might get fake warnings from Security Sphere 2012 saying that Rkill is a malicious program. Bypass them by leaving them open. Do not reboot after Rkill finishes ending the Security Sphere 2012 related processes even if the program asks you to do so.
7. If everything went fine till now, you will next have to donwload MBAM (Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware) and save it on your desktop. Double-click on the mbam-setup.exe icon to install MBAM. Follow the installation process without changing the default settings. Just leave both Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware options checked. Hit the Finish button and do not reboot.
8. After the installation has completed and you’re at the Scanner screen, check the Perform Full Scan and hit the Scan button. You will thus initiate the scan. The program will now look for all the files related to Security Sphere 2012.
9. When the scan has finished, you will be prompted with a message telling you that. Click the OK button below that message and get back to the main Scanner screen. To see the scan results, you will have to click the Show Results button. A list of all the infections found will now be displayed.
10. Make sure you select them all and then hit Remove Selected. All of these infections will be deleted and then added to the program’s quarantine. After MBAM finishes doing this, it will display the scan log in Notepad. Review it, close it and then exit MBAM.
11. Your computer should have gotten rid of Security Sphere 2012. To avoid this kind of infections in the future, make sure you use a powerful antivirus program like the PRO version of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.