How to improve your iPhone’s battery life is one of the things you’re probably interested in since the great features of iOS 5 consume a lot of your battery. iOS 5 has come up with a bunch of great things but there are certain issues that many iDevices users complain of since the installation of iOS 5.
One of these problems is related to the battery life. Many iPhone and iPad users have started to deal with battery issues since they’ve installed the latest version of iOS. That’s because iOS 5 features will eat a lot of your iDevice’s battery. iCloud is one of these features that will do that.
So, if you want to save battery, there’s a simple way to do that: disable those features you’re not interested in or you don’t use. So, here are some tips to help you improve your iDevice’s battery life:
1. If you don’t use Bluetooth too often, then you can disable it and thus improve your battery life. To do that, you will have to go to Settings, then to General and then to Bluetooth. Just select Off and there you go.
2. Give up the apps notifications if you want to save some battery. Go to Settings again and to Notifications this time. You will have the possibility to turn off the notifications for all those apps you don’t need.
3. Do the same thing with Ping. Disable it by going to Settings and then to General. Choose Restrictions and then Enable Restrictions. Go to Ping then and hit Off.
4. Why keeping Time Zone Adjusment on if you don’t need it? So, go to Settings once again and choose Location Services. Then hit System Services and set the time zone to off.
5. Do you need the Diagnostic and Usage Reports? If you don’t, then what should you do? Disable it! Go to Settings and then to General. Click on About after that and then on Diagnostic and Usage. Now select “Don’t Send” and you’re done.
6. iCloud is definitely a great features iOS 5 brings. Using it will make you charge your iDevice more frequently though. So, if you don’t use it, you can disbale it by going to Settings >General>iCloud>Off.
7. Another way to improve your iPhone’s battery is by resetting the Network Settings. You’ll just have to go to Settings, Reset and then to Reset Network Settings. You should know that by doing so the APN and VPN settings as well as passwords will be reset.
8. To improve your iDevice’s battery life, you can also opt for deleting your e-mails accouns and add them again after that. What you have to do is to go to Settings, then to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then to Account Name. Now click Delete Account and then reset Network Settings by following the instructions mentioned in the previous step. Make sure you reboot your iDevice after that and then re-add your e-mail accounts. To do that, go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account.
Go for some of these tips and your iDevice’s battery will surely improve.