If you own an iPhone 4.4.1 and you’d like to unlock it and thus have access to other carriers than the one your phone came up with, then you are in the right place since this article will provide you with the necessary information on how to unlock your iPhone 4.4.1.
Many of you probably agree that iPhone is one of the coolest gadgets that have been released so far. So, why not make it even cooler if there’s a possibility to do this? You just simply have to unlock your device and thus get access to other network providers and carriers. This means you will have more options and your phone will be even better.
The manual method to unlock iPhone 4.4.1
- 1 If you want to go for the manual method, then the first thing to do is to buy a computer chip that you will use to override the restrictions of the network the device came up with. You can get this chip from computer outlets and it will cost you around $100 or $200.
- 2 Now turn your iPhone off and open it up using the right tools.
- 3 Place the chip inside the iPhone and make sure you do this carefully. Any wrong move can lead to serious damage.
- 4 After you’ve finished with step 3, place a SIM card of a different network provider and then reboot your iPhone. When the device restarts, it should recognize the new chip and SIM card. You should now be able to make calls and send text messages using the new SIM card.
- 1 If you decide to go for the authomatic method of unlocking iPhone 4.4.1, then the first step is to update your device iOS to the latest version.
- 2 You will have to jailbreak your device by using a jailbreaking software. This will break the limits placed by Apple on your phone. Therefore, make sure you use a reliable jailbreaking software. Download it and jailbreak the phone.
- 3 Once the iPhone is jailbroken, you can go to Cydia and install it on your iPhone. Launch the program when the installation is finished.
- 4 Now go to the “Manage Settings” and then to “Sources”, “Edit” and “Add”.
- 5 You will now see a message telling you that you have to insert the URL of the unlocking program you are going to use. Enter this URL and then press on “Add source”. After this, Cydia will automatically search for the unlocking program you entered the URL of. Once this program is found, it will be automatically downloaded.
- 6 Now find the unlocking program in your iPhone and install it. Reboot ther device after this step in order for your phone to configure the new settings.
- 7 When the phone restarts, check if the unlocking process was successful by inserting a different SIM card from the one you used and try to make some phone calls or send messages. If you can do this, then your iPhone has been successfully unlocked.
Unlocking your iPhone 4.4.1 isn’t difficult at all. All you have to do is to follow the steps mentioned above very carefully and that’s about all.