Is your computer infected with the Security Tool Virus and you want to remove the malware program but you don’t know how? You don’t have to be concerned anymore since this article will teach you how to automatically remove the Security Tool Virus.
Security Tool Virus is a rogue anti-spyware program from the same family as System Security and is distributed through websites and stimulated through pop-ups, malware webites and trojans. When Security Tool virus is promoted via web pop-ups, you will be shown a pop up when you browse the internet and this will tell you that your computer is infected. If you click on this pop-up, you will then see a page that will show you a fake online anti-malware scanner. You will then be asked to download the software in order to clean the “infected” computer. When Security Tool Virus is promoted via a Trojan, it will be installed onto your computer without your permission or knowledge.
When Security Tool Virus is installed onto your computer, it will be configured to start automatically when you login to your computer. Once started, Security Tool Virus will perform this fake scan and then tell you that there are numerous infections on your computer.You will receive message like “Security Tool Warning: Spyware.IEMonster activity detected. This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs. Click here to remove it immediately with SecurityTool” or “Security Tool Warning: Some critical system files of your computer were modified by a malicious program. It may cause system instability and data loss. Click here to block unauthorised modification by removing threats (Recommended)”.
If you try to remove these infections, you will be asked to purchase the entire package. Don’t be fooled by this and don’t buy the so-called anti-malware program since you will not only get your computer infected but your money lost as well. The scan results are a scam and the fake infected files found are in fact legitimate Windows files.So, do not delete any of these files since this will surely affect the operation of your computer.
The big problem with Security Tool Virus is that it will allow you to run only those programs required by the operating system. So, if you try to run another program, Security Tool Virus will stop it from running telling that the program is infected and your computer is at risk. In fact, this will happen in order to determine you to buy the whole package.
So, if you have been unlucky and got your computer infected with Security Tool, then here is what you have to do in order to get rid of it.
Automated Security Tool Virus Removal Procedure
1. The first thing to do is to print out these instructions since you will have to close every window that is open later in the fix.You can also use another computer and thus read the removal guide online.
2. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode With Networking. To do that, you will have to turn your computer off and then back on. When you see anything on the screen tap the F8 key and you will get to a menu similar to the one below. Select Safe Mode With Networking and then press Enter. You will have to login now and make sure you login as the same user you were logged in with when the computer was in the normal Windows mode.
3. You will have to download Rkill and Malwarebytes in order to remove Security Tool Virus but the computer’s downloads features may be blocked and thus you will have to use another computer to download the programs and then transfer them using an external drive, CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
4. Before doing anything else, you will have to terminate the Security Tool processes and thus prevent them from interfering with the cleaning procedure.
5. Download Rkill and run it until all the Security Tool files are terminated. Don’t pay attention to the fake alerts that Security Tool will display telling you that Rkill is a malware program. Just let Rkill do its job. Don’t restart the computer after this process or the Security Tool virus will start again.
6. Now download Malwarebytes and install mbam-setup.exe file by pressing next and not editing any options if you’re not sure what you’re doing.
7. After the MBAM installation is complete, you’ll be asked to update its software. Press OK.
8. Now you will have to go to the Scan tab, select “Perform Quick Scan” and then press “Scan.” MBAM will now scan your pc for malware.
9. When the scanning has finished, you will have to click on “Show results”. A list of all the malware programs found will appear. Select them all and then click on “Remove selected”.
10. After the files are removed, close MBAM.
Make sure you follow each of the steps mentioned above if you want to remove Security Tool Virus and thus get your PC working properly again.