If you have the AVG Antivirus 2011 edition installed and for some reason you want to remove/uninstall it and you can’t do that, then read on and you will get some tips related to how to do that. The usual move when you want to uninstall the antivirus program is to go to your “Start” menu, “Control Panel” and then “Add/Remove program” or to use the AVG antivirus uninstaller which comes bundled with the AVG 2011 antivirus program.
The good news is that you can get rid of this program if you want to by using a standalone AVG uninstaller. You can go for avg_remover_stf_x86_2011_1184.exe and thus succeed in removing the antivirus program from your computer. Another advantage of this uninstaller is that it works for both 32bit and 64bit versions of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
This program will automatically remove all of AVG settings, programs, services and Registry files. So, follow the next instructions in order to remove AVG Antivirus 2011 completely from Windows OS:
1. If you have another antivirus program besides AVG, make sure that you disable or remove that program because otherwise it will stop the AVG remover from doing its job. If you use some third party firewall software like Comodo for instance, you will have to do the same with this one since it will block the AVG removal process.
2. Make sure you download this version from AVG official website if you don’t want to get your computer infected with virus or malware programs. There are many fake antivirus uninstaller programs which in fact are malware or virus programs that will lead to other damages.
3. It is very important to download the version that suits your operating system. Therefore, if your computer runs a 32 bit Windows like Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit or Windows XP Home, then you will have to go for the 32 bit version of the AVG Remover. If you use a 64 bit Windows operating system like Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, then it is advisable to download the 64 bit version of this AVG Remover.
4. After the installation of the AVG remover is completed, you will have to run this program by double clicking on it. But before doing that, make sure that you are logged in with an Administrator Windows user account. Otherwise, Windows might not allow you to run it. Running this remover will lead to the deletion of all AVG files and settings. A log file called AVG Remover will appear on your desktop when the AVG removal is done.
5. Restart your computer after you’ve managed and completed to uninstall AVG antivirus program 2011. Make sure you download a powerful and effective antivirus program like: Comodo Anti-Virus, Avira Antivir, Norton, Microsoft Security Essentials by using an administrator Windows user account. Install only one antivirus program since two of them would lead to slowness and even make them inefficient.
You can also opt for Revo-uninstaller which is a great all-in-one uninstaller that will do just the same things AVG uninstaller does.