Forgetting your Windows account password might happen sooner or later. You just might not remember it or you might deal with some password issues. The good thing is that you can solve such an issue by changing your password with a reset.
To do so, you’ll just have to use an Administrator account or a Password Reset Disk. In case you go for the first option, here are the steps you have to follow in order to reset your password:
1. The first thing to do is to login as Administrator, go to Start and then to Control Panel.
2. Now make sure you go to “Manager User Account” and type your Administrator password. After you do so, go to the “User” tab in order to select the name of the account. Only after you do this, you will select the “Reset password”.
3. Once you get here, you will have to choose and type a new password. Hit OK to validate it.
4. If you’ve followed the steps above, you will now have to log off from your Administrator account and then login to your own with the new password.
In case you want to opt for the Password Reset Disk, then here’s what you have to do:
1. Look for the “Reset Password” option on the login screen and press it once found.
2. You will have to store your “Reset Password Disk” on a CD/USB drive and insert it into your machine.
3. Choose the correct drive for the Password Reset Disk in the Password Reset Wizard and go on with creating your password.
4. Now make sure you store the Password Reset Disk in a safe place since you might need it again if other password issues come up.
That’s about all you have to do. Repeat the steps mentioned above anytime you encounter password issues.